For Engaging Peer-to-Peer Fundraisers
(For The Giving Partner)
What is a Peer-to-Peer Fundraiser?
A Peer-to-Peer (P2P) Fundraiser (or Champion - the terms are use interchangeably throughout The Giving Partner and by GiveGab) is a supporter who rallies around your nonprofit organization/cause to fundraise on your behalf. These supporters create their own fundraising page in The Giving Partner as a spin off of your main profile in The Giving Partner. Your P2P fundraisers will share that page with their network to expand the reach of your organization/cause and bring in new donors. These individuals are passionate about the work you do, and use their voice to make a difference!
Who are Your Potential Fundraisers?
How Does it Work?
Step 1: Go to your Dashboard in The Giving Partner
- Go to www.TheGivingPartner.org
- Click "Menu" in the top right corner and select "Log in" from the dropdown menu.
Step 2: Add Peer-to-Peer Fundraisers to your Dashboard in The Giving Partner
- Once you log in, click on the "The Giving Partner" tab on the far left of your dashboard
- From your admin dashboard in The Giving Partner, go to the "Profile Setup" tab and expand the fifth section that says "Add Fundraisers" to recruit P2P Fundraisers for your organization.
- Click the "Add Fundraisers" button to start inviting them
- You can invite multiple people at once by clicking the "+ New Fundraiser" button. You also have the option upload a list of supporters via the "Upload Fundraisers" button.
- Once you've added all of your fundraisers, click the "Next: Compose Your Message" button
Step 3: Compose Your Message & Send Your Invitation
- After clicking the "Next: Compose Your Message" button you'll be prompted to compose a custom message that your P2P fundraisers will receive in their invitation email. You can customize the email subject and message before sending it off to your supporters.
- Once your message is ready to send click the "Send" button. The invitation email will be sent to your fundraisers from GiveGab (email: email@example.com)
The invitation email will include:
- The link to their fundraising dashboard (where they will customize their own individual fundraising page)
- The custom URL for their fundraising page in The Giving Partner (so they can easily begin sharing their fundraising page with their network!)
- A link to the Peer-to-Peer Fundraiser Toolkit and support articles (for instructions, tips and tricks)
- After clicking the "Send" button you'll be able to view and manage your fundraisers from the "Add Fundraisers" tab of your Dashboard in The Giving Partner.
- You may click the “Message All” button to send a message to all current Fundraisers.
Step 4: Allow Peer-to-Peer Fundraisers to sign-up without an invitation from you
- Your supporters can also start fundraising without being recruited by clicking the “Fundraise” button on your profile in The Giving Partner. Those fundraisers will be provided a link to their new custom fundraising page and directed to the Peer-to-Peer Fundraiser Toolkit (for The Giving Partner) to begin customizing their page and reaching out to their network immediately!
- If your organization prefers not to allow Fundraisers to sign up on their own, you may de-select the box "Allow Fundraisers to Sign up" (located under the "Add Fundraiser" section in your admin dashboard for The Giving Partner). De-selecting this box will remove the "Fundraise" button from your profile in The Giving Partner. .
Step 5: Follow up, support and thank your Peer-to-Peer Fundraisers
Treat your Peer-to-Peer Fundraisers like major donors. Fundraising for your organization is a higher level of participation that warrants stewardship before, during and after they are a Fundraiser for your organization. Consider the following:
- Share the Peer-to-Peer Fundraiser Toolkit (for The Giving Partner): This toolkit helps your supporters and potential Fundraisers/Champions for The Giving Partner learn about the features they can utilize to create their fundraiser page. This toolkit includes communication templates, fundraising strategies, and support articles and videos.
- Host a Zoom meeting or other type of kickoff call: Get all of your Fundraisers on the same page with a kickoff event. Encourage Fundraisers to build their page in the kickoff gathering as they meet and share stories and tips with fellow Fundraisers.
Foster storytelling and capture stories: Most of your Fundraisers will have a special story or memory that makes their heart sing for your organization and the work you do. Motivate your Fundraisers to share their stories by asking them questions like:
- What do you wish everyone knew about this organization/cause?
- What made you decide to make your first gift?
- Why do you enjoy giving to or volunteering for our organization?
- What is your favorite program or service our organization offers?
Toolkit & Templates for your Fundraising Champions (share these with your Fundraisers):
Support Articles for your organization:
- Attract Peer-to-Peer Fundraisers with an Eye Catching Campaign or Event
- What is Peer-to-Peer Fundraising?
Templates for your organization: