The Giving Partner is a wonderful resource that helps you navigate the nonprofit organizations in the greater Sarasota area that have made a commitment to transparency (sharing comprehensive information about their programmatic results, community impact, leadership, financial health and more).
This Donor Toolkit will help guide your exploration to find nonprofit organizations that you are passionate about and to help inform your charitable decisions. Below are the key features available to you.
You can easily find participating nonprofit organizations in The Giving Partner. Simply click the Search for Organizations button.
On the Search page, you can filter your search by several options.
Define the criteria for your search by selecting one or a combination of the following:
- Organization Name or Keyword (enter organization name or specific keywords that come to mind)
Location (city, county, state, zip code)
- Cause (select a specific cause from the dropdown menu)
- Show Organizations with Volunteer Opportunities and/or Show Organizations with Board Member Opportunities:
- Once you've selected your search criteria, click the Search button to generate your results!
View or print a report or profile:
- For a consolidated report containing data for all organizations from your search results, click on the Download Results button to have this sent to your Inbox (edit as needed in Excel)
- For a single profile from your search results, click on either the organization’s name or their View Profile button:
- If you'd like to print the profile, click on the Print Profile button (located under the Contact section)
2. Explore Profiles
Learn more about nonprofit organizations by viewing their profile.
From your search results, click on either the organization’s name or their View Profile button. Within the profile, click on any of the following tabs/pages:
- Summary - Organization's story, contact information, photos, videos, volunteer opportunities (if available), board member opportunities (if available)
- Scroll to bottom of Summary tab to view available Opportunities (click specific opportunity for details)
- Overview - Mission, organization type, geographical areas served, formal collaborations
Programs & Results - Program descriptions with annual costs/needs, populations served, results achieved along with other indicators
Financials - Projected revenue and expenses, administrative needs, capital campaign participation, financial documents, historical financial data
Operations - Legal information, planning and policy statuses
- Staff & Volunteers - Staff overview, executive director and demographics, volunteers overview
- Governance - Board members, board overview, board member opportunities, board demographics
You can also show your support and get the word out by sharing your favorite profiles through social media! Ask 5 of your friends to share to 5 of their friends!
3. How to Make a Gift
- Simply click the Donate button on any profile and complete the donation form.
- If you’d like to automate your giving to an organization, check the box Make this a recurring gift (the frequency of your gift can be monthly or quarterly).
- You can give to multiple organizations by clicking Add Another Organization button.
- To make changes prior to finalizing your gift(s), click the Back button.
- You’ll receive an email confirmation which serves as your tax receipt.
Have a Question or Need Assistance?
- Find answers to Frequently Asked Questions
- Donation Issues - Email: CustomerSuccess@givegab.com
- Chat with GiveGab’s Customer Success Team:
- Click on the blue Chat Bubble in the lower right corner of any page on The Giving Partner.